Friday, April 23, 2010

Random

Jack's Big Music show was on the TV today - cute kids' show featuring lots of different music. One of the performances on this episode featured two guys with violins. They were so good! I did a Google search and here they are...doesn't seem to usually be kids music, great sound! Hoping I can find them on Itunes...my Itunes store seems to be all messed up and can't figure out why - if this is some kind of new format they have chosen, it is not workin for me...
http://www.nuttinbutstringz.com/

Sam is now old enough to play outside by himself while I keep watch from inside. I love seeing what he comes up with to do. If I'm out there, he reacts to what I am doing but on his own, his choice is completely independent. Right now he has found an old watering can and is "watering" various items. So cute!

Time for the daily afternoon fight with myself - coffee or no coffee...as in, risk Anika having difficulty sleeping due to caffeine in breast milk or risk me smashing my face into my computer when my head hits the keyboard after falling asleep while working...I think I'll go with....COFFEE!!! Amazing how after holding out for so long, one Keurig machine can turn me into an addict - obviously I like gadgets a bit too much that I found myself HAVING to use this one so much that I now HAVE to have coffee... And yes, I do realize that maybe if Anika slept better at night I wouldn't be so tired during the day - however, since forgoing the coffee does not actually GUARANTEE a good nights sleep - I'm having the coffee...so there.

I read a sad newspaper article today about a man in Tiverton who lost some of his property to an accident by a road construction worker. They are building a new bridge to go from here to Portsmouth and in order to save themselves a few bucks, they decided to not buy this man's property (who would have sold it to them) but to build the on-ramp to the bridge right on the border to his property. And, its not like its a huge property, the house is RIGHT there...he will be able to read the coffee cups of the commuters from his kitchen window it looks like. Anyway, so they are trying to stick right close to that property line and go over instead. So, now, he's got this huge whole where some of his land used to be. The state is going to pay to fix it but really - they can't truly fix something like that. He has a lawyer to try to force them to buy the property from him. I hope he wins. His lawywer did our closing on this house and seemed like a nice guy.

No comments: