Thursday, April 22, 2010

Here comes the rain and waves!

Anika did her first sign today - I'm 90% sure anyway ;-) Sam came into the kitchen after his nap (dry bed - yay!) and Anika raised up a hand and wiggled it at him. I'm pretty sure that was a wave. It is one of the signs I've been showing her. I waved to her and said "hi!" and she did it again. She was so crabby while he was napping but now she is happy as a clam. She loves him so much! It's pretty amazing considering how for several months he was pretty mean to her. But, he's been much nicer lately and they are starting to play together and I just love to see their relationship starting to form!

It looks like a very big storm is going to hit us within the next hour - maybe half hour. I love watching it approach. One one side of the house is sun and light blue sky. On the other side, dark clouds moving really fast! Weather report from my eyes on the sky in Warwick (hubby) reports torrential rain and hail. Can't wait! I love storms :) Hoping for an extra big one that will knock out power and give me a little unexpected vacation time...

Tonight's dinner - Amaral's chourico with peppers, onions and potatoes - yum! I would have never thought the brand name mattered with chourico but then one day I sprung the extra $2.00 a pound for Amaral's and I will never go back!

Yesterday's bread turned out very good! Nice light and fluffy loaf of white bread. Next time will try substituting some wheat flour for the white so it is a bit healthier.

Picture of the day (by the way, picture of the day is not a picture I took this day but just a picture I decided to post):

No comments: