Wednesday, March 4, 2009

She's a girl!!! and tax rumbling

This is a bit late in coming and I think my 2 readers already know this but, I wanted to post anyway...new baby is a girl!!! We are very excited to be having one of each. I would have enjoyed two boys but am glad to be going to have the experience of a girl. So far I have bought one dress and one bow for her hair. I have to admit, I love all the girly stuff! I should post pictures here of the ultrasound and the cute little bow and dress but, I haven't taken any yet...maybe later :)

We have a name picked out - Anika. We think it is a very pretty name that is not too common. Which is what we wanted :) It is in the 500's on the SS names list. I hope she likes it. No middle name yet....

So, last night we had our taxes done. Our tax guy is super popular and routinely runs hours behind his appointments. My appointment was at 3. I called and was told to show up at 5. I got in to see the guy close to 7. He's very good though and we are getting a nice chunck of change back. All backed up by my meticulous documentation :) I felt bad for the guy though, he actually fell asleep twice!!! Just two quick little nod offs lasting seconds each but still - the guy was obviously super tired. He's very dedicated to getting his clients the most money and spends a lot of time on each one. So, even though he was obviously tired, I'm confident he got us all that is possible.

What is my rumble? Well, I don't pay for childcare so I don't get to deduct that. Now, obviously since I don't have the expense I am not out any money but it just seems like since I do both childcare and work at the same time - I should get some type of cool credit??? Maybe I am just being greedy. It's just really hard to work and take care of Sam all at once so it would be nice to have the IRS say, "good job! He'res a whole crap load of money!" I know this is absolutely ridiculous but, it is nice to dream :) Seriously though, it would be nice if those of us who stayed at home with our kids got something....whether we work or not. Ok - that's it.

No comments: